Live Auction during
Sunday Dinner at Rassawek
September 16, 2018
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
This year we have 4 unique live auction donations that will be a great addition to our Farm To Table.
1) D. Mitchell of Columbia Virginia is donating a Bee Hive!
Including supers, smoker, bees, everything except the suit. D is a committed member of the community, founding a 501c3 CARE. Columbia Area Renewal Effort. This organization supports community efforts to revitalize the locality of Columbia which has a long history as a vibrant farming and trading center as far back as our country’s colonial period and that of the native Americans.
D will provide technical assistance and processes for the winning bid. As many of you know bees are facing difficulties in our area and world wide. Becoming a steward of a hive nurtures the whole neighborhood. We hope you will bid generously and find out more about this like minded organization.
The donation includes
2 deep boxes
Supers, smoker, bees,
Support with processing, set up and maintenance
2) Luke Fleischman, local Cumberland Artist, has created a metal art sculpture of a swarm of honey bees. This will be prominently displayed at the Farm to Table. This large 8 foot, suspended, 3 dimensional sculpture has intricate detail and whimsical appeal to enhance an outdoor garden or indoor porch and patio area.
3) Lunch for 8 at the "Byrd Pub" followed by a skeet shoot afterwards. Donated by Kirk & Lenora Johnson.
4) Joe Liesfeld is offering a "Southern Fixins'" meal for 12 catered by James Tinsley in the greenhouse or barn at Rassawek. (Fried fish, collards, spoon bread and more).
5) A painting by Lindsay Nolting a Local Columbia Virginia Artist.