Achieving Coffee Nirvana by Brewing the Perfect Cup of Snowing in Space Coffee
By Amber Slaughter, Assistant Roaster and Jill-of-All-Trades at Snowing in Space Coffee
Our “Golden Ratio” for the perfect brew is 1:17. For every gram of coffee, use 17 grams of water.
For a batch brew: Most of us at home have an 8 cup coffee brewer, so this recipe will reflect that.
1. Weigh out 66 grams of your favorite Snowing in Space coffee.
2. Grind your coffee on a medium setting, or until it is the consistency of sand.
3. Fill your coffee maker to the 8 cup line with water.
4. Pour your ground coffee into your filter and level it out, then place the filter in the brew basket.
5. Anxiously await your perfect brewed cup(s) of go-go-juice!
Gimme Dat puppet bag with a French press.
For a French press: Again with the 8 cup option! (We just really love our coffee here--)
1. Put your kettle on to boil. *pro tip* we like to keep our water between 198-200°F.
2. Preheat your French press with hot water from your kettle.
3. Weigh 66 grams of coffee and grind coarsely. We are looking for the consistency of sea salt here.
4. Empty the water from your french press and pour your ground coffee in.
5. Fill again with water from your kettle and give it a stir to agitate the coffee grounds.
6. Place lid on french press, making sure the plunger is barely touching the surface of your brewing coffee.
7. Wait for what feels like an eternity, but is actually only 4 minutes.
8. Slowly push plunger down to the bottom of your press.
9. Pour, sip, enjoy!